They're Out For Your Blood.
We're Out For Theirs.
Few pests prompt such a visceral reaction of disgust as the Bed Bug. These tiny, blood-sucking parasites which feed on your blood as you sleep, are easily the most panic-inducing in the general public. That’s because Bed Bugs have no regard for the environment, cleanliness or economic status of your household. In short, anyone can get Bed Bugs.
Bed bugs are notoriously hard to eliminate without the help of a professional exterminator. The good news is Black Diamond has established specifically prescribed treatment protocols proven to be the most effective at ending an infestation. No one in the industry has more experience, better methods or more effective means of dealing with Bed Bugs.
With our army of highly trained bed bug detecting K9s*, eradication specialists, and inspectors, Black Diamond performs over 20,000 bed bug services annually. We offer both heat and chemical treatments, as well as protective mattress encasements. Contact us today for more information.
Find Your Local Office
Black Diamond Bed Bug Technicians
Our highly trained bed bug inspectors will conduct a thorough evaluation of your home to determine the presence and/or extent of bed bug infestation and an appropriate course of action. Unlike most companies, our technicians are singularly dedicated to the art and science of bed bug elimination so you can be confident that you are in some of the best hands in the industry.
Black Diamond Bed Bug K9 Team*
Internationally certified and are capable of sniffing out the slightest of bed bug infestations. If you are uncertain if you have bed bugs in your home, a K9 bed bug evaluation may be the best option for you.
LEARN MORE ABOUT IT
Black Diamond technicians will strategically employ only the best products available in the industry for eliminating and preventing bed bugs. This is a highly effective treatment option and comes with our bed bug elimination guarantee.
If you opt for a heat treatment, technicians will use specialty equipment to strategically raise the temperature of your home to a level that is detrimental to bed bug survival. This treatment option is extremely effective and is also backed up by our bed bug elimination guarantee.
Mattress covers will not prevent bed bugs, but they will help in the process of ridding your home of these pests. The cover works by trapping the bugs inside so that they cannot bite you any longer, and without a blood meal, they will eventually die. Encasements also prevent more bed bugs from accessing your mattress, giving them less places to hide.
Bed Bug Frequently Asked Questions
There are a number of ways to identify a bed bug infestation:
- Live insect sighting: Adult bed bugs can be seen by the human eye. They measure from approximately 3/16 to ¼ inches, are oval-shaped, and are reddish brown in color. Young bugs or nymphs are small and whitish-yellow/translucent.
- Blood spots or fecal waste: Bed bug feces can quickly stain affected surfaces such as mattresses, sheets, upholstered furniture, etc. It appears as small black dots or speckling. You may also see reddish-brown stains from smashed bugs or feeding spillage.
- Skin casings: Using a magnifying glass, inspect mattress seams and cracks in your headboard, etc. When bed bugs grow, they shed their skin and this small white/clear exoskeleton waste can be found bunched together in such locations.
- Bed bug bites: It’s not just a goodnight saying. Bed bugs typically feed from humans at night. Look for red bite marks on your skin after you wake up in the morning. These bites can resemble those of a mosquito, but will usually occur in a three-bite pattern. Bites can be mostly painless but may begin to itch after a few days. It’s important to note that not everyone will have a reaction to bed bug bites. An absence of visible bite marks does not mean an absence of bed bugs or that they have not fed from you.
- For a professional opinion and greater peace of mind, call Black Diamond at 877-DEAD-BUG and we’ll come out and perform an inspection of your home/property to ensure you get the professional service you deserve.
Bed bugs are nothing to be ashamed of and do not indicate a lack of cleanliness in your home or business. Bed Bugs are not the least bit interested in crumbs dropped behind the stove or cake left out on the counter overnight. They don’t care how clean or messy your home is, their primary concern is blood – yours.
Bed Bugs are notorious travelers. They and their eggs are often carried from place to place on clothing or through your luggage. You can pick them up anywhere: hotels, movie theaters, schools, etc. Even the most high-end hotels get bed bugs.
While named for their prevalence in/on and around the bed, bed bugs are also found in other areas of the home as well. Chairs, recliners, sofas, ottomans, or any place a human may rest can be a potential hiding spot for bed bugs. They are commonly found on seams, sofa cushion zippers, pleats in dust ruffles or curtains, behind electrical outlets, behind pictures or art, between baseboards and flooring, and inside nightstands or dressers.